Within the coffee bar individuals have the opportunity to work and train in catering and customer service type work, this could then enable them to move on to employment out within the community.
Areas that we cover:
- Food preparation
- Food Service
- Customer Care Skills
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Stock Control and Ordering
- Money Handling
- Personal Effectiveness
The Coffee bar staff follow a rota in which they have agreed to work. Service users prepare everything for each session to enable to provide snacks, hot and cold drinks and confectionary.
The Coffee bar is also open for cleaning, stocking and shopping during the following hours:- Monday to Friday 10.30am – 12.00pm.
We keep and encourage a high standard of cleanliness to the best of the individual’s abilities by cleaning tables, sweeping and washing the floor keeping their worktops and work areas clean and tidy. There are Daily sheets that have been prepared to cover all the tasks, which are in symbol form as well as written.
Each day prepared differently into account the different tasks each time.
Each Individual has their own overall, apron, which are washed in the centre as part of a task.
As part of the coffee bar we prepare and provide meeting trays and for various meetings.
Individuals are encouraged to operate the till and carry out money – handling skills.
Individuals receive payment for their work within the coffee bar each month.
Within the coffee bar we aim to carry out these aims below:-
- To encourage communication skills with the customers and staff.
- To respect their customer needs.
- To encourage appropriate behaviour when dealing with the public.
- To encourage good teamwork and to work with one another.
- To provide their customers with a variety of choices or to compromise by offering another alternative.
- To be able to cope and deal with busy times.
- To encourage them to be patient towards the customers and other work colleagues.
- To gain confidence and self esteem.
- To encourage good time keeping.
- To encourage personal presentation by wearing of clean overalls, aprons and to wear hats and personal hygiene.
Over the years we have provided Food Hygiene courses and customer care skills courses.