This 1 day course is for carers who support/care for service users who have communication problems.
The course will give you and understanding of the effectiveness of talking mats and how they can:
- Improve communication with people with dementia or people with communication problems to choose what they want to do and remember what they have said.
- Provide a structure for conversations; i.e. to communicate how they feel, how bad pain is, if they enjoyed the food.
- Provide information for medical and social work staff about their views in relation to Health and social issues.
- Provide an instant record of what the person has said to put in their notes.
- Augment communication and decision-making.
- Simply be enjoyed as an activity.