The Young Persons Group (YPG) started in March 2013 with 3 core members and another joining in November. The age range for this group is 18 – 26 years old.
The aims and objective of the group is to access community resources and local transport whilst participating in age appropriate activities decided by the group members. The group tend to go out for a full day once every 3 months to Aberdeen to visit the cinema and have lunch.
The group runs on a Thursday afternoon and the majority of Thursdays involve lunch out followed by an activity. The group are always looking for new members to join, the more the merrier.
- For Individuals / Groups to access the community facilities and resources
- For Individuals / Groups to experience various activities
- For Individuals / Groups to build on Planning, Assessing and Evaluation skills
- For Individuals / Groups to build on monetary skills
- To promote and increase self esteem, self-confidence and self belief by delivering a range of topics that are both educationally and therapeutically based and by encouraging group involvement and self-expression
- To introduce the group members to new It equipment i.e. iPad and learn how to use the equipment independently.
- Promote community inclusion
- Travel Training
- Increase community involvement
- To ensure that when providing young people with activities and information all group members choices and beliefs are taken into account
- To encourage young people through activities and discussions to develop a healthier, safer lifestyle.
- Improved communication skills and interaction with others
- Increased self-confidence and self-awareness to enable positive decision making and form constructive relationships.
- Increase skills and experience
- Improve quality of life